FAQ for the hiring of Aberfeldy Parish Church rooms


Here you will find answers to common questions about booking the rooms at Aberfeldy Parish Church. These answers are based on the Legal Terms and Conditions as outlined by Aberfeldy Parish Church 



How much does it cost to hire the Centre?

Each of the available rooms and the kitchen can be booked per hour per room. We offer a discount rate for bookings by registered charities.

How do I make a booking?

Bookings are made through Angela, our Church Administrator, who can be contacted by emailing her on administrator@aberfeldyparishchurch.org.

What should I include in my booking time and can I extend it? 

You need to include setting up and clearing up time and can only extend your booking time with prior permission in writing as other users may have booked to follow you. If you extend beyond the booked times you are liable to a charge.

How late can I book the Centre? 

All events must finish by 10.30pm and the building must be vacated by 11pm.

What areas of the Centre can we use? 

You can use the room or rooms you have hired and the common areas (toilets, circulation areas and entrances). You cannot use the kitchen unless you have specifically hired it.

Are there limits on what I can hire the Centre for? 

We hope the Centre will be widely used but there are some restrictions. As well as not being used for anything unlawful, the Centre should not be used for acts of worship other than Christian worship or for activities inconsistent with the church’s ethos. The Church reserves the right to refuse bookings without the need to give reasons.

When do I pay? 

The full amount (plus, if requested, an additional deposit which will be returned minus the cost of any cleaning/damage which the church has to pay for) must be paid 1 week prior to the booking and on booking if the booking is made less than a week before the date booked. If you have a regular, recurring booking we will agree a payment schedule.

What if I don’t pay on time? 

If you don’t pay the full amount on time then the church may book in someone else instead. The church is also entitled to claim interest and debt recovery costs. If you are unable to pay as requested for any reasons then you must inform us at the time of booking.

What if I cancel after making a booking? 

You should notify us as soon as possible and any refund is at our discretion.

Might the church cancel my booking? 

We will do everything we can to prevent this happening but we reserve the right to cancel in exceptional unforeseen circumstances and will refund all fees if this happens.


What licenses do I need? 

You must obtain any local authority or other licence you need for your event.  We do not permit the consumption of or sale of alcohol within or in the grounds of Aberfeldy Parish Church.

Can I sub-let or allow someone else to use my booking? 

No. The hiring agreement you have with us is for your use and cannot be transferred.

Can I run an event with children? 

Yes, we welcome children, but in order to protect them and ensure their safety you need to follow the Scottish Child Protection Guidelines. You will need to sign and follow our Child Protection Policy. Children must be closely supervised if in the kitchen.

Is there parking available? 

There is limited parking on-site. There is nearby free street parking.  There are free car parking facilities at the Town Hall, local school and during the evening you may also use the Doctor’s surgery car park facilities.

Are there any rules about advertising my event? 

Please ensure any advertising clearly states who is responsible for the event and does not portray itself as an Aberfeldy Parish Church event. Please submit any public advertising material to the Church Administrator for approval before distribution and do not display it at the Church without permission.

What is the situation with insurance? 

You are responsible for making adequate arrangements to insure against third-party claims while using the premises.  Aberfeldy Parish Church will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to your effects during the period of hire.



What am I responsible for during the hire? 

You are responsible for compliance with general rules, safeguarding and any agreements specific to your booking, including for

  • the building’s supervision and security
  • protection of fabric and contents (you must not use nails, Sellotape, Blu tack or other fixings)
  • not interfering with electrical equipment and not using fire appliances except in genuine emergency
  • leaving the hired area in a clean and tidy state, returning the room(s) to the state in which you found them, and removing all rubbish, including the garden and car park if used.
  • the behaviour of those using the Centre including avoidance of noise which disturbs our neighbours
  • observing all relevant regulations (eg fire, sale of goods, food health and hygiene if preparing, serving or selling food)

Can I bring in and use my own electrical equipment or use that in the Centre? 

Yes, as long as it is having a valid PAT test, is effectively earthed and fitted with a 3-pin, 13-amp plug. The Centre’s equipment should not be switched on or plugged in without prior written consent.

What if I cause damage? 

You are liable for all damage to fabric or equipment and should report this to the Church Administrator. Money will be deducted from any deposit requested on booking or further payment required to cover the costs of repair of any damage.

What do I do with any rubbish? 

Please remove all your rubbish and place it in the recycling bins behind the church.  For any large rubbish, there are large bins behind the Co-op’s main car park just off Moness Terrace.

What do I do when I leave? 

Before you leave please liaise with the Administrator or person who arrives to lock-up and ensure all fire doors and windows are closed, external doors locked and lights turned off in the rooms.  Extra costs or damage resulting from failure to do this may lead to further charges.

What do I do with Centre keys? 

If you are given any keys, you must return them to the Church Administrator before you leave and not make copies or hand them to anyone else.

Is smoking or alcohol permitted? 

Smoking is not permitted in any part of the building including toilets. Smoke will set off the fire alarms. Alcohol is not permitted in any part of the building.

What do I do if there is a fire? 

Call the Fire Brigade out to any fire, however slight, and report the incident to the Church Administrator. Please ensure fire exits are never obstructed and never tamper with the activation points that set off the alarm unless there is a genuine emergency requiring evacuation. To reduce the risk of fire, highly flammable substances are not permitted.

What do I do if there is an accident? 

There is a First Aid Box – in the labelled cupboard in the kitchen.  Any personal injury must be recorded in the Accident Book which is with the First Aid Box. If a serious injury happens then please report it also to the Church Administrator as soon as possible.

Is there a public phone? 

No, so please ensure you have a mobile for emergencies.



Coming Soon…